Call for Papers
The 11th Annual Midwest Association for Information Systems Conference will accept current topics on pedagogy, research and service in IS and/or IT. The conference will provide an intimate environment to facilitate the sharing of ideas and findings.
MWAIS 2016 seeks to expand the information frontiers of IS and we invite submissions reflecting a plurality of perspectives on the field of IS. Submissions of an interdisciplinary nature are especially encouraged.
We will have several presentation sessions, workshops, invited keynote speakers, panel sessions, doctoral and undergraduate student sessions. There will be speakers from academia, industry and government from across the Midwest region and beyond.
We are interested in a variety of topics that include, but are not limited to:
- Accounting information systems
- Adoption and diffusion of IT
- Artificial intelligence
- Business intelligence, analytics, big data and data science
- Business continuity
- Business/IT alignment
- Business process
- Computer/information ethics
- Community, development and social informatics
- Database management technologies
- Data curation and preservation
- Data warehousing
- Decision support systems
- Design science
- eBusiness and eCommerce
- Economics of IS/IT
- Employability of IS/IT graduates
- Enterprise architecture
- IS education, curriculum and teaching cases
- Enterprise systems
- Frugal innovation
- Global IS/IT / Outsourcing
- Green computing and sustainability
- History of IS/IT
- Healthcare informatics
- Human-computer interaction
- Information needs, seeking behavior and use
- Information organization and retrieval
- Information policy
- Information security, assurance and privacy
- Interaction design
- IS philosophy
- IT service management
- Knowledge management
- Legal aspects of IS/IT
- Open innovation
- Project management
- Research methods in IS/IT
- Social computing
- Socio-technical issues and digital inclusion
- Strategic IS/IT management
- Systems analysis and design
- Virtual communities and collaboration
- Web and mobile development
- Any other IT/IS related topic, especially those related to the conference theme
Completed research and research in progress papers as well as panel, workshop and tutorials proposals are invited from all regions, and from both academia and practice. All submitted papers and proposals will undergo a double-blind peer review.
The proceedings will be available through the Association for Information Systems Electronic Library (AISeL). At least one author of each accepted paper must register for the conference no later than April 15, 2016 in order for the paper to be included in the program and conference proceedings.
Best paper awards: The MWAIS 2015 program committee will nominate three papers for best paper awards, sponsored by the MWAIS. The three best papers will be recognized at the conference. The first best paper award is $300, second best paper award is $200, third best paper award is $100. The awards are given to the authors upon the final acceptance of their work by the Journal of the Midwest Association for Information Systems (JMWAIS).
Student support: MWAIS will waive the registration fee for students whose papers are accepted and who will be presenting at the conference (one student per paper).
Submissions open: January 4, 2016
Submission deadline for full-length papers, research-in-progress, panels, workshops and tutorial proposals: Sunday, March 6, 2016 at 11:59 PM CST
Notification of acceptance: Around Friday, April 8, 2016
Author registration deadline: Friday, April 15, 2016
Camera Ready Copy deadline: Friday, April 15, 2016 at 11:59 PM CDT
Download this call as a PDF.
Want to help?
If you are willing to serve as a reviewer or session chair or would like additional information about the program, please contact the program chairs, Gaurav Bansal (firstname.lastname@example.org), or program co-chair, Jeff Merhout (email@example.com). For additional information about the conference please contact conference chair Shana Ponelis (firstname.lastname@example.org).